Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Wow! It's 2008!!

Happy New Year!!!


I can't believe 2007 has passed so quickly! Here's to another awesome year.

So much has happened since my last posting. My sweet dh and I celebrated our 11th anniversary! Woo hoo! We had a quite Thanksgiving at home. Between him and I, we managed to pull it off. We roasted our turkey inside this year as it was snowing outside. We usually like to deep fry it, but I was too afraid of the hot grease exploding if any snow fell into it. (Just call me worry-wart)

My computer had a hard drive failure in early December that sort of took me off the map. I'm back though, and gearing up for another year of crafting!

I pulled out my knitting needles and decided to knit the holiday stress away. It worked. I made a teddy bear. Me, a teddy bear, can you believe it? She is wearing pink over-alls. I'll take pics later. *Ü* I purchased the pattern at Fuzzy Mitten. Easy to follow, love it!!! I'll be working on the bunny next. (as soon as I can sneak off to the yarn shoppe!)

I've signed up for a sock knitting class that starts on Jan. 12th. Try as I might, I mess up at the heel every time. Plus I need another excuse to go to the LYS (Local Yarn Shoppe) to knit (kid free) with a group of wonderful ladies.

We had a wonderful time in Texas for Christmas. We were only there for a few short days and tried to visit as much of our family as possible. I came home with bags of fabric and crafty supplies. I'm so excited! woo hoo! My dh even took me to Michaels (we don't have one here) I finally got to walk down the "Martha Stewart" aisle. It was as nice as I imagined. Ü

Books I bought with Christmas Money


Drunk, Divorced and Covered in Cat Hair This is such a cute book! Once I picked it up, I had a really hard time doing anything else till I finished it.

Last Minute Knitted Gifts

Holiday Knits

What an awesome Christmas!

Till next time, (and hopefully I will be able to post pics then!)
Warm (Brrrr! It's 2 degrees here) Rosey Hugs,
Marissa

1 comment:

Dana said...

Hey hey hey there girl!!!

Oh I MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad you had a great Thanksgiving and Christmas ... and so happy you were able to go home for even a few days to Texas, too. :) I really can't wait to see what you come up with this year. :)

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!!!

XoXoXoXoXoXoXo ...
Dana