Monday, January 28, 2008

Warm Socks for Winter

So... my sock class ended this weekend. I have to admit, I really enjoyed my 2 hours of knit time on Saturday mornings. I've been a mom for 10 1/2 yrs, and a SAHM for 8 so time to myself is almost unheard of. Well, enough about that, lets talk about the socks. They're pink, betcha couldn't guess that! Here is one at the beginning of the heel flap stage.

These are my Brittany needles. My socks were knitted on size 6 DPN's.


Here is one almost finished, I just have the toe to do. My 2nd sock was knitted on aluminum needles, I discovered during this project that I prefer aluminum needles for knitting in the round.


This is the last photo. Would you believe I don't have one yet of the finished sock? After class, I had just one sock done. I was so excited I came home, had lunch then finished the second one and wore them that day. I'm still shocked that I was able to replicate the kitchener stitch on my own after coming home.

Now that I have a warm n fuzzy pair of pink socks to wear, I'm casting on the booga bag tomorrow. I'm so excited (I get excited easily, don't I?) about this new project. It will be my first felted item! If I know me, once I get started, I won't be able to stop till it's done... so check back in a few days to see my new bag!

xoxo, Rissa (as my friends in CPLG like to call me)

1 comment:

shweetpotato said...

How cozy and warm I LOVE em, I bet they are toasty :D Carm