Saturday, November 10, 2007

Christmas Shopping

That's the dreaded topic I've been avoiding... Christmas shopping, have you started yours? This year, I've taken the handmade holidays "pledge." Who's pledge do you ask? Well, my pledge, lol. I'm making as many of my kids gifts as I can. Hopefully, I can manage to give them wholesome educational toys not filled with lead.

I taught myself to knit earlier this year, so my family will be blessed by my knitting skills. I promise they won't all get frumpy sweaters. (well, maybe one or two of them will) ;o)

My sweet hubby, has a job that requires him to travel, sometimes weeks at a time.... so we are dusting off the Christmas decorations early this year. I hope to have it all up before we leave for the grand ole' state of Texas for our Thanksgiving vacation with the kin' folk.

Here is one of my new Christmas items this year.



Hugs,
Marissa

2 comments:

Dana said...

Marissa!!

I'm so happy to see you stop by my blog. :) Thank you for the words of encouragement ... means a lot to me. Today was Seth's birthday, he's 6! So we had pizza and cake and that cheered me up a bit.

I would love to see some pictures of your house once you've got it decorated ... I'm not even ready to think about it yet ... but after just moving I'm happy to finally be settled, LOL. Last thing I want to do is dig through more totes and boxes, LOLOL!

I'll add your lovely blog to my list of friends, too!

Hugs & Kisses!!!
Dana

Shabby Cottage Studio said...

This pillow is adorable! I wish I was talented with thread and needle!