Sunday, July 12, 2009

Summer Cooking

We were just chatting about how summer changes what we eat during this time of year. Some grill more, some eat lighter... I tend to eat more seasonal foods like watermelon and strawberries, fresh salads and homegrown tomatoes. This is one of the things I love about summer - fried green tomatoes.

You will see these on many Southern tables this time of year, but did you know they actually originated in the North? I read here that Northern farmers found themselves in a predicament with too many green tomatoes on the vine when the first frost hits. They couldn't eat them raw so they fried them. I'm so glad they did!

I will type up my recipe and post it tomorrow.
♥Marissa






1 comment:

E Craft Classes said...

Marissa, I love fried green tomatoes! Yours look delicious; can't wait to see your recipe.